Key Features & Specifications
– Comprised of 100% commercial grade rubber
– UV protected to prevent damage and ensure the tube won’t deflate prematurely
– Shorter Valve Stem designed for the tubers safety
– Can be used in the winter for snow tubing and in the summer at the pool or river
– Multiple sizes (Size 32 – Up to120lbs; Size 40 – 120 to 175lbs; Size 45 – 175 to 280lbs)
Things to Keep in Mind
The Tube in a Box does have some limitations. First of all, it lacks many of the key features that higher end snow tubes have such as a snow tube cover with a slick bottom and handles to hold on to while tubing down the hill. Since the Tube in a Box does not have a cover to help reduce resistance, it may not perform well on wet snow or fresh powder. Also, the ride may be rougher since there is nothing between your bottom and the snow. The majority of Tube in the Box performance issues can be resolved by ensuring the tube has enough air and waxing the bottom of the tube. The best performance will occur on snow packed hills.
Customer Reviews & Scores
Out of 158 reviews on Amazon, the average review was 3.6 stars. While the majority of reviews were positive, the few negative reviews were around the tube going extremely slow down the hill which likely was due to the snow conditions as mentioned above.
The Tube in a Box is an affordable, no frills multi-use tube that can be prone to performance issues depending on the snow conditions. Snow Tubing Source recommends the Fat Tire and Bradley snow tube over the Tube in a Box. While more expensive, these have additional features such as covers and handles which should enhance your snow tubing experience.